Share this post
Not only is SaaS providing innovation through products and service, over the years we’ve seen innovation and creation of new job titles in the SaaS industry. Here’s 5 from SaaScribe:
- Customer Success Anything/Manager: Potentialy spawned out of the book Consumption Economics: The new rules of Tech, back in 2011. This role is about Customer retention and combines teams and skills across marketing, sales, professional services, training and support.
- Growth Hacker: A term coined by Sean Ellis, CEO of Qualaroo, who in 2010 wrote in a blog post that a Growth Hacker is “a person whose true north is growth. Everything they do is scrutinized by its potential impact on scalable growth.” Growth Hackers are being recruited by many a SaaS company and you can read more about Growth Hacking in our new series here http://saascribe.com/2015/02/23/why-every-saas-company-needs-a-growth-hacker/
- Sales Development Representative (SDR): An SDR is an evolution of the Inside Sales Rep, perhaps credited to Salesforce. An SDR qualifies marketing generated leads before handing them over to an Account Executive. Aaron Ross, goes deep into the subject in his best selling book ‘Predictable Revenue: turn Your Business Into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com‘
- SaaS Enablement Manager/Director: More on the side of the Enterprise. A position that brings together a portfolio of SaaS Solutions for given Enterprise, to bring them into the 21st Century.
- SaaS Metrics Analyst: Bit of a cheat to include this! Currently financial Analysts are employed by some SaaS companies to create spreadsheets around KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the SaaS metrics that are important to them. With products such as ChartMogul disrupting this spreadsheet driven model and providing the metrics through one easy to read dashboard, maybe its time for a new role to be created, The SaaS Metrics Analyst. The SaaS Metrics analyst would be the owner of the SaaS Metrics reporting platform providing reports into the Exec, Sales & Customer Success team to help grow the business and retain customers.
by Alex Theuma @alextheuma